The Drive -Through Haymaker Farmers’ Market at the United Methodist Church of Kent was a huge success for March through May! They had up to 270 cars visiting each Saturday and were able to continue getting local food to local people - thanks to the support of their vendors, customers, and the Giving Well Family Foundation!
The Haymaker Farmers’ Market will open Saturday June 6th, as a walk-up Market in downtown Kent! They will open each Saturday on Franklin Ave. from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, with 9:00 am to 9:30 am reserved for self-identified vulnerable populations. October 31st will be the last Saturday for the market.
Customers visiting the market will be advised of the following responsibilities:
- Customers are limited to 150 in the Market at one time.
- Customers will wash hands or sanitize hands before entering the market. Stations will be provided at each entrance/exit.
- Customers should not come to the market if you or any member of your household is sick.
- Only one member of your household should come to the market to shop to help us maintain social distancing.
- Only one customer at a booth at a time - maintain 6’ distance while waiting.
- Please do not touch products, the vendor will bag your items for you.
- If you touch a product, you bought it. DO NOT touch any products prior to purchasing! Rather allow the vendor to select and bag products you wish to purchase.
- Please cover your mouth and nose with a cloth mask to help protect everyone
- Vendors will not touch reusable bags. If you carry one, vendor will hand you products in plastic bag to put into your own bag
- Please use hand sanitizer at booth after transaction
- Consider pre-ordering from vendors, in order to minimize time spent shopping at the Market.
- Customers shall wash produce before consumption.
- Pets are prohibited from the Market. Note: service animals are still permitted.
- Enter and exit the market through designated points. Our market is trying to manage traffic in a certain direction to assist with appropriate social distancing.
- Accept only new plastic or paper bags from vendors. You can use your own bags, but vendors may not handle them.
- Be patient and considerate. These are trying times for all of us and regardless of our own situation, we can be sure someone around us is struggling.
For questions please reach out to the Haymaker Farmers’ Market directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you are not on their e-newsletter mailing list please email the market to get on the list so that you can receive important market news and product offerings each week.