The 2020 Fall Brush Collection Program will commence Monday, September 28th.
Residents are asked to please place brush at the curb or edge of street BEFORE the first Monday of their street’s scheduled collection period to ensure collection. Crews will make only one pass down each street during the scheduled week.
Brush collection schedule:
- Northwest section – Monday, October 12th, to Friday, October 16th
- Northeast section – Monday, September 28th, 2020 to Friday, October 2nd
- Southeast section – Monday, October 5th, to Friday, October 9th
- Southwest section – Monday, October 19th, to Friday, October 23rd
Refer to the Tree City Bulletin page 22 and 23 for your street’s section
Chipping crews will spend a maximum of 30 minutes at each residence. Residents that miss the collection or have an excessive amount of brush will be responsible to dispose of their brush on their own. It may be taken to the City Yard Transfer Site located on Plum Street near the entrance to Plum Creek Park.
- Placement of brush should be on the tree lawn and close to the curb or the edge of pavement with the cut ends facing the street.
- If possible, leave the brush in longer lengths, brush that is too long may be placed lengthwise.
- Stacked brush must NOT block the sidewalk or extend onto or over the roadway pavement.
- Stacked brush containing foreign objects will NOT be collected.
City crews will notify homeowners by placing a notice on their door for any piles of brush that are refused because it is not stacked properly or contains foreign debris. Once the pile of brush has been rejected it must be corrected immediately or it will become the responsibility of the homeowner to dispose of.
If a commercial contractor has been hired to trim or remove trees, the contractor is responsible for the brush removal and it is not to be placed at the curb.
If you have questions or comments please call the Service Department at 330.678.8105.